1. The desire to be the best student you can.
2. Money for tuition, room and board, and other fees.
Many people lack the money needed to pay for college. In turn, they miss out on this great opportunity.
Fortunately, you have an option that does not involve student loans. The Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC) Scholarship Program offers up to $180,000 towards tuition and other expenses.
NROTC Scholarship BenefitsIt goes without saying that a NROTC scholarship covers most or all of your tuition. But did you know that this scholarship provides financial assistance for the following:
- Text books
- Miscellaneous expenses and lab fees
- Freshman students receive $250 per month
- Sophomore students receive $300 per month
- Junior students receive $350 per month
- Senior students receive $400 per month
NROTC Scholarship RequirementsAlthough you may be interested in the NROTC Scholarship program, it does not mean you are going to be eligible. Here are some of the basic requirements that you must meet:
- United States citizen
- Between the age of 17 and 23
- High school diploma or GED before August 1 of the year you are enrolling in the NROTC program
- Physically qualified to serve in the Navy
- …among others!
After NROTCThe Navy cannot give everybody a scholarship for free. If you accept a NROTC Scholarship you don’t have to worry about finding a job upon graduation. Instead, you will join the Naval Reserve as an Ensign. You will be required to service five years in Active Duty service. Career paths include: Surface Warfare, Nurse Corps Officer, Special Warfare Officer, Naval Aviator, Naval Flight Officer, Submarine Office, and Explosive Ordnance Disposal Officer.
There are more than 150 colleges and universities that participate in the NROTC Scholarship program. With such a long list, there is a good chance that at least one school will suit your educational and personal requirements.
If you are looking for a way to pay for college, consider the NROTC Scholarship program.